A guest post from Eric (Raindog) of Ordo Fanaticus Fame!
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is that time again. It is time to Rampage! I have been holding them for 12 years now. As always, I hope to see you! If you don’t play Infinity, I don’t care: come play hang out, eat with us, make a charity donation. You are invited!
What is a Rampage?
A Rampage is a celebration of gaming goodness where community and sportsmanship is valued as much as winning. Traditionally, it is the celebration at the end of an Escalation League. Players gather, bring food and drinks, and play games. Somebody wins a sword and we all go out to for beer afterwards.
Each year, I select a charity to support. This year, I picked the Women's Shelter. It a homeless shelter downtown off Burnside and Second. I am asking players to bring food stuffs, cash donations, or hygiene products.
The Rampage is on Saturday, December 1st. First Round is starts at 10 AM.
WoW, 717 SE Main Street, Portland, Oregon
How Many Games?
There will be four!
We will be playing until 7 PM, and then go get dinner and beer afterwards.
- Each player can have two lists.
- A 12 XP Spec-Op troop may be used!
Do I have to a painted army?
Nope. You can play Silver Surfer, but it certainly helps you win the sword if your faction is painted.
- $7 for Ordo Warlords and Emperors,
- $10 for Everybody Else
A Sword for the Winner! - Yup a Freakin' Sword! And there will be other prizes. Wait and See! Best General. Best Sportsman. Best Painted. Wooden Spoon!
Number of Slots?
- 60 points max
- A major win is worth 5 points. A tie is worth two points.
- There will be a check list worth an additional 40 points and will be totaled after all four games.
- +10 points for bringing money, dry or canned food, clean bedding, hygiene products, etc
- +10 Points for Bringing Food / Drink to share.
- +5 For bring the best snack! (Determined by players’ vote.)
- +10 Points for playing a completely painted and based faction.
- +10 Points for having the best painted faction.
- +5 Points for having the best painted silhouette two model.
- +5 Points for the TAG, Bike, or Remote.
Winner determined by players’ vote.
- +10 Points for being voted the favorite player.
The best sport is determined by player’s vote
This year the Wooden Spoon will be determined by the player who has scored the least amount of victory points.
- 0900 Doors Open
- 0930 Check In
- 1000 Game One
- 1145 Lunch
- 1230 Game Two
- 1415 Game Three
- 1600 Vote for your favorite army, food, and drink.
- 1615 Game Four
- 1800 Tear Down
- 1830 Awards
- 1845 To the Pub
See you there!